According to a Hootsuite article and my own newbie role on Insta, here are ten things to know about Instagram.
- In June 2018 there were 1 billion active users on Instagram every month.
- From the same date 500 million are active daily!
- The like button is hit 4.2 billion times per day.
- People using Instagram have disposable income. 31% of users make 75K per year.
- Instagram has 23% more engagement than Facebook
- Brands get 10 times higher engagement on Insta than Facebook
- Best time for writers to post is Tuesday- Thursday 12-3pm CT/ 6-9pm BST
- Video and Stories work best. Video gets 38 % more engagement.
- Use hashtags – 11 being the optimum number
- Images with single dominant hue or in blue/red dominant colour palette, with texture, background space and not much/any text work best.
And the one tip from me – Keeping it Steamy on Instagram – happened when I joined the Super Mega Romance Follow Loop. It is on monthly and the steam rises from your finger tips as you try to keep up. It seems complicated initially but stick with it. The other romance readers, bloggers and writers on the loop are superb!
How to join in;
a) You are asked to think of a prompt which people following the experience can answer in comments. This means people will engage with you and you with them and it’s fun (as you use predictive text on your phone so you don’t have to think of each reply and they come out super silly).
b) On the allotted day and time you copy and paste the text the administrator gives you and you post it on Instagram feed at the exact time.
c) You tag the next person in the loop (this is also given to you) and you add the given graphic to your post as well.
4) Then you engage with the others on the loop and follow, comment and enjoy the fun.
The only thing you really need to do is post on time AND make sure to tag the next person in the loop.
Keeping it Steamy on Insta Penny was a bold and confident force and gained approx 264 like-minded and engaged followers.
I recommend you find a loop for your genre and/or watch out for the next Super Mega Romance Follow Loop.
pbestwriter is my Instagram
@pennybestwriter on Twitter
www.pennybestwriter.com subscribe to my newsletter or read and comment on my other blogs.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/954001138270111/ is my Naughty Reader’s Facebook group.
If you’ve read any of my work, please let me know your thoughts by leaving a review on Amazon or Goodreads.
YOU are my ideal reader and I’d love to hear from you. Thank you. x
All for Her. Novella One
Both for Her. Novella Two.
More for Her. Novella Three.
Boxset of all 3 novellas.